Join us on the floor of Seafood Expo North America as we check in with seven companies working to build a better, more sustainable seafood industry. We’re covering everything from sustainable packaging to social justice to wild seafood to sustainable aquaculture with our group of seafood experts.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE:
GENERAL RESOURCES FROM THE EPISODE:
United Nations World Population Predictions via UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs
A Five Step Plan to Feed The World via National Geographic
TODAY’S GUESTS & RESOURCES:
1. Jacqueline Claudia, Founder and CEO of Love the Wild
- Love the Wild
- Episode #10: Bringing Sustainably-Farmed Seafood Dinners to Home Kitchens with Jacqueline Claudia
- Keep up with Love the Wild on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
2. Marianne LaCroix, Acting Executive Director of Maine Lobster Marketing Collaborative
- Maine Lobster Marketing Collaborative
- How to Prep & Eat Lobster (with recipes!)
- Keep up with Maine Lobster on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter.
3. Kipp Baratoff, Co-Founder of Fishpeople Seafood
- #14: Relentless Transparency with Duncan Berry and Fishpeople Seafood
- Trace Your Fish
- Keep up with Fishpeople Seafood on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
4. Andy Wink, Executive Director of Bristol Bay Regional Seafood Development Association
- Bristol Bay Sockeye Salmon
- Keep up with Bristol Bay Sockeye on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
5. Kinsey Justa, Program Coordinator for Copper River/Prince William Sound Marketing Association
- Copper River Salmon
- Copper River Sockeye Count via Alaska Department of Fish and Game
- Keep up with Copper River Salmon on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
6. Clare MacDougall, Head of Trade Marketing for Seafood Scotland
- Seafood Scotland
- Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) Certification
- Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) Certification
- Global G.A.P. Certification
- Keep up with Seafood Scotland on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
7. Moises Del Rio, General Manager of Verlasso Salmon
- Verlasso Salmon
- Seafood Watch from Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Keep up with Verlasso Salmon on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
#1: Mark Titus on Fish, Filmmaking, and How to Save What You Love
#3: Josh Goldman on the Future of Sustainable Aquaculture
#7: All About Oysters with Julie Qiu
#10: Bringing Sustainably-Farmed Seafood Dinners to Home Kitchens with Jacqueline Claudia
#14: Relentless Transparency with Duncan Berry and Fishpeople Seafood